Monday, February 1, 2010

Easy Peasy Peacy Crunch Cake

5 stars


Man this cake is easy.. No mixing required.. What? No mixing? Was that a typo? NOPE!  NO MIXING!!
If you have not yet visited bakerella before.. do so after you read this post.  I love going to blog and seeing all the creations that are so picture perfect.. But when I found this ever so easy recipe.. I had to try it.. and it will have been the first thing I have made from here webblog.. Mostly because its all so intimidating. Her webblog is here.
Now I had to bake in my NU Wave, cause my darn oven is still not fixed.. and I keep forgetting that its broke when I buy stuff to make in it.. This really should be made in a large shallow pan... This did ok in the NU-wave, but had to cook way longer as well. 

Start with layer of peaches, then add your cake mix ontop of peaches.
Then add pads of butter...
 
Oh and then the yummy brown sugar.. You know right off this is going to be good with all this brown sugar on top of that butter. 


Add the nuts

Then bake... do not need to have a lid on it, but as you an see Im using the NuWave oven and was not sure about the browning part too soon.
 

Then serve with vanilla ice cream!! This was the perfect sweet treat! 



Easy Peasy Peacy Crunch Cake
Ingredients:
24.5 oz jar of sliced peaches in light syrup
1 package yellow cake mix
1 stick butter (1/2 cup), cut into 16 pieces
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Layer ingredients in a 13 X 9 dish, in order starting with the peaches.
Bake for about 40 minutes.
Serve warm with ice cream... 
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment