Saturday, February 27, 2010

Zuppa Tuscana Soup

5 stars

The first time I had this soup, my friend made it and brought some to work.. It was so yummy.  I had to wait about a year for her to make it again.  I finally asked her for the recipe because I like this soup that much.  I  hoped that I would be able to make it the same as she did. Im happy to announce that I think I pulled it off.
You will find this is super easy to make, with only about 5 ingredients. 



Ingredients:

  • 64oz chicken broth
  • 1 cup milk
  • 16oz heavy cream
  • 5-8 small to med pototoes cubed
  • 1 med onion chopped
  • 2 bunches of kale
  • 1 1/2 packages seasoned or spicy hot Italian sausage


Directions:
  1. In a large pot fill with water half full. Bring to boil, add 1 teaspoon of salt. Clean and cut your kale.  Add to boiling water. Boil for about 6-8 minutes.  Drain and set aside. 
  2. In a pan, add sausage by squeezing the it out of the skins.  Cook like you would ground beef.  Once done, drain off oil and set aside.
  3. In a large pot, add chicken broth and bring to boil. Add your cube potatoes and cook until done about 8 minutes.  Add onions and your cooked sausage, milk and heavy cream.  Cook for about 3 minutes on medium heat.  Add kale and cook for another 5 minutes. 
  4. Serve and enjoy! 








Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment