Friday, March 19, 2010

Butternut Squash Fries (baked)

s5 stars

These are so yummy! I love homemade fries from potatoes, sweet potatoes.. so thought I should try this too.. I was asked the other day if I had any butternut squash recipes.. and come to think of it,, nope I didnt.. so I wanted to try this one.. If you have a favorite recipe with butternut squash.. Send them to realmomscooking@gmail.com I would love to try them out.

Oh and did I say, these are super easy to make.. the only thing that I recommend is having a very sharp knife to cut these with.. thank goodness i have sharp knives now.



Ingredients:

  • 1 (2 pound) butternut squash, halved and seeded cut into shapes of fries
  • 2 tbs olive oil
  • 1 gallon size zip lock bag
  • salt to taste
 Directions:
  1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
  2. Use a sharp knife to carefully cut away the peel from the squash or use a super sharp potato peeler. Cut the squash into sticks like French fries. Put olive oil, your squash sticks and salt into bag and shake making sure each are coated with olive oil. Arrange squash pieces on a baking sheet.
  3. Bake for 20 - 30 minutes in the preheated oven, turning the fries over halfway through baking. Fries are done when they are starting to brown on the edges and become crispy.



Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

  1. I've got to keep this recipe in mind. Come fall, I've always got a lonely butternut squash sitting on my counter because I can't decide what to do with it :). These remind me of sweet potato fries, which I love. Yum!

    ReplyDelete