Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Mexican Nacho Casserole

4.5 stars

A couple of things that happen when you start a food blog, one is you spend countless hours searching for appealing easy family recipes and the other thing that happens is your family and friends offer up their family favorites.
This casserole dish was given to me from a friend. My family loves Mexican food, so I was pretty sure they would like this dish. I should really consider making more casseroles. I just never think to make them. I know there are so many of them, Im pretty sure that I have a casserole cookbook too.

We really liked this dish, I did change a few things when making this. I decided not to add the can of soup, but rather I used chili pepper seasoning and add a bit of flour and milk to make it somewhat creamy. I also added some cumin spice as well. My kids loved all the Doritos in this dish too. OH the other thing I added was some corn. I was not all that happy about the nachos on the bottom, they seemed kinda mushy, but no one else said anything about it, so maybe it was just me.. This is why I gave this dish 4.5 stars. I will make this again for sure.





Here is the original recipe, you can decide to change it up like I did.


Ingredients:

  • 1 12 oz bag of Doritos
  • 1 medium to large onion chopped
  • 1 can cream of chicken soup
  • 2 can Rotel tomatoes
  • 2lbs ground beef
  • 1 bag of shredded cheese

Directions:

  1. Brown ground beef with onion and drain, add the rotel tomatoes, can of chicken soup to the beef slowly cook while preparing chips.
  2. Crush chips in the bag and cover the bottom of casserole dish with chips.Save some chips for topping. Pour meat mixture over chips and top with cheese and more chips. Bake at 350 for 30minutes.
  3. You can substitute ground beef with chicken.

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment