Sunday, March 14, 2010

Suffering Succotash Steak

5 stars

I have been making this dish for my family for years.  I have used rice instead of egg noodles, but lately we like the noodles instead.  I have used all sorts of canned tomatoes as well and I really like the Mexican stewed tomatoes, but sometimes you can not find them.  So we just use Italian or the pepper and onion ones.   Its a good hearty meal and we never have left overs after I make this either.


Suffering Succotash Steak

Ingredients
  • 2 pounds beef cube steak (3-4 steaks)
  • 4 cloves garlic
  • 1 onion chopped
  • 2 bell peppers chopped
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 (14.5 ounce) can canned diced or stewed tomatoes (mexican flavor is great)
  • 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
  • dash of red pepper optional
  • salt/pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon cumin
  • cooked white rice or cooked egg noodles

Directions:
  1. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat, and brown the cube steak. Reduce heat to med, and add garlic and onion. Cook for about 5 minutes then add bell pepper. Cook for another 5-10 minutes. Cover, and simmer at least 30 minutes, stirring ocassionaly.
  2. Serve over a bed or rice or egg noodles. I also like to boil my egg noodles in a beef flavored water, using about 2-3 beef cubes.

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment