Friday, March 19, 2010

Two-Tators Shephards Pie

5 stars

We love shepherd's pie, but but I wanted to find something just a bit different to do with this dish.  I think I found it.. It had great flavor, which sometimes this dish is a bit bland for me.  I used cream of chicken soup, because my family does not like mushrooms.. but I prefer the cream of mushroom soup, but any cream soup will work in this dish. Also any veggies will work as well and I only use frozen.. they taste so much better. This time I used a Mexican seasoned frozen veggie mix and it gave everything a great flavor.  Feel free to mix it up. But most often we use green beans.  Oh and any cheeses are fine too, I used mozzarella tonight, but usually I use mild cheddar.



Ingredients:
  • 1 pound ground beef
  • 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream soup (chicken or mushroom)
  • 4 cloves garlic
  • salt/pepper to taste
  • 1/2 onion chopped
  • 6 cups frozen Tater Tots (or enough to make one layer on the bottom of dish
  • 2 cups frozen veggies thawed
  • 3 cups Hot mashed potatoes (real or box is fine)
  • 1 cup shredded cheese
 Directions:
  1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink add garlic and onion; drain. 
  2. Stir in soup, salt and pepper. 
  3. Place Tater Tots in a greased baking dish. 
  4. Top with beef mixture and veggies. 
  5. Spread mashed potatoes over the top. 
  6. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 40-45 minutes or until heated through. 
  7. When there is about 20 minutes left sprinkle top with cheese.


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment