Monday, January 18, 2010

Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Bread

Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Bread - 4 stars

Some days I am just looking around in the kitchen at things that I can cook or bake.. like the apples on my counter... What to make with these? I go to my favorite recipe site, allrecipes.com and look up things with apples. Did you know there are all sorts of recipes with apples in them? wow.. but my love for bread once again brought me to this recipe and because I have a new kitchen gadget, the bread machine I thought I would try it out for this recipe. I had not used the batter bread setting yet so this was going to be fun. The recipe called for instant apple and cinnamon oatmeal, which I decided to use plain non instant rolled oats would be better. Then the recipe called for apple sauce and I wanted to use the apples on the counter, which was the reason for the apple recipe to begin with right? So I used fresh diced apple and a bit of apple sauce. Then I put the ingredients in the bread machine. I did have to do more manual work than normal to get the ingredients stirred. The beater in the machine did not work that well for this recipe. Once it was done mixing and just starting baking, I sprinkled some oats on top of the batter just for looks. I think it turned out nice. I will make this again, but next time I will bake in the oven, in the bread machine did not bake out all the way and could have used more time or higher heat. The center was not all the way done, but the flavor was great!



Ingredients
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup applesauce
1 apple diced and with no skin
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 cup rolled oats
2 eggs
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour


bread machine: put all ingredients in machine and choose batter bread cycle.
oven: preheat oven 350 degrees F. Mix all ingredients together until smooth, pour batter into greases loaf pan and sprinkle with a bit of oatmeal. Bake in oven for 60 minutes or until tooth pick comes out clean.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment