Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Bread Pudding - My first time!

5 stars

I can not believe I have never eaten or made this before.  This was such a good dessert to make and easy too..  I know they call this bread pudding, but its more like a custard right? Now my oven is still out, but my NU wave oven is getting all the attention lately and it did wonderfully with this dish as well.  I really love how this dish is creamy through out and crispy up top.. and totally cinnamony sweet.  My youngest even ate a bowl of it.  Im going to test this dish out on my oldest and my husband when they get home too..  I will be making this dessert again for sure... as I had a lot of homemade bread that was not getting eaten fast enough.

As I was writing this, I was eating my second bowl.. YUM YUM!!



Ingredients:

3-4 cups old bread cubes
6 eggs
1/2 cup milk
2 TBS butter
1/4 cup sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1/2 cup honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup raisins

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  2. in one bowl mix, eggs, milk, vanilla and honey and wisk until all blended. 
  3. in another bowl mix butter, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg and heat in microwave about 45 seconds just to melt the butter.
  4. in a baking dish spray bottom with cooking spray like pam.  Line your bread cubes all along the bottom of the pan.  Pour your egg custard mixture evenly over all the bread. cook for 30 minutes.
  5. remove dish and pour the butter, cinnamon mixture over the bread. Sprinkle with raisins. Bake addition 15 minutes.  
  6. Watch the bread that it does not get too brown and toasted, if it does cover with foil.



Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment