Thursday, January 21, 2010

Frosted Mini Wheat-White Bread

5 Stars

Frosted Mini Wheat-White Bread

I kinda came up with this at the last minute as everyone was heading to bed, I was getting excited about making a new bread. I have no idea if anyone has made this type of bread before, but came up with the idea to make bread last night while reading this blog post.  I was going to make her recipe, but got diverted when I started pulling out ingredients.  That is when I thought it would be good to try something different..and Im so glad I did. This bread is wonderful!  The mini wheats are not at all over powering either.  I had some toasted with butter this morning.. Fantastic!





Ingredients:
This makes a 2lb loaf

1-1/2 cups milk (room temp)
1/4 cup Oil
1/4 cup Honey
2 tsp Salt
3 cups Bread Flour
1 cup wheat flour
1 TBP gluten
1 cup frosted mini wheat
2-1/4 tsp Active Dry Yeast

Directions:

Place ingredients in your bread machine per the manufacturers specifications.  Before placing mini wheats in pan, break apart or crumble into smaller pieces.

Select White Cycle, 2lbs loaf, medium crust.
Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. Hi there. Just wondering if you used whole frosted mini wheats, or crumbs? Looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks so much.

    :)
    ButterYum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tried this recipe the other day, both my husband and I loved it. I have been saving the crumbs forever and just throwing them into different recipes, not any more.

    ReplyDelete