Thursday, January 21, 2010

Haystack Cookies

4 stars

I know I have seen these before and heard of them. Maybe even had them when I was a kid.. But it also seems so unfamiliar me.  When I came across these, my husband insisted that I make them for him and that he loves them.. I was like REALLY? looking at the ingredients, does not seem like much or even that good.. But oh man they are very yummy! They are very rich and you can only eat one or two.. so making them often is out of the question.






The origianl recipe is here. You can see I made a few changes, not adding nuts for us.

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
  • 2 cups butterscotch chips
  • 5 (5 ounce) cans chow mein noodles
Directions:
  1. Melt both chocolate and butterscotch chips in a saucepan on low heat. Stir in the the noodles.
  2. Then drop by teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper-lined cookie sheet. Cool and then store covered in the refrigerator.
 

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment