Saturday, January 16, 2010

Very Yummy Rye bread

Very Yummy Rye bread - 5 stars
I have a serious weakness for bread. All breads in fact. sandwich bread, muffins, french breads, rolls, bagels you name it.. if it starts with some sort of flower, I probably love it! :) One bread that I really enjoy, but rarely eat it, unless we go out to eat for breakfast is rye bread. I had a number of recipes in my head I wanted to try when I got my new bread machine and rye was definitely on my top 5. One thing I noticed right off about rye bread recipes was none of them actually had rye seeds, only the rye flower. That is not what I wanted for my recipe.. so the search continued. I never really found one that fit exactly what I was looking for, so I made up this one. It came out light and fluffy just like rye bread should be.
I really liked this, my 14 year old said its not for him but that it was good, same with my husband. My 2 and 3 year old said nope, they didnt want to try it at all.




Very Yummy Rye bread
Ingredients

1 1/2 tb Butter; or veg. shortening
2 1/2 c Bread flour
3/4 c Wheat flour
1 ts Salt
1 tb rye seeds
2 tb Wheat gluten
2 1/2 ts Dry yeast
1 1/4 c milk
3 tb Sugar

add ingredients per your manufacture settings on bread machine. set to basic or white and medium crust.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment