Monday, January 18, 2010

Paul's Lemon Chicken

4.5 Stars
Bi-Weekly Rotation

I got this recipe from my father-in-law when he found out that I liked artichokes. He got it from my sister-in-law, and she got it from the chef at a restaurant where she worked more than 15 years ago. Confused yet? Well, I'm just going to credit Paul, my father-in-law, for this recipe since he gave it to me.

The prep for this dish is really easy. All in one dish, so hardly any dishes when you are done! That is worth half a star right there! Don't you agree?

Paul's Lemon Chicken
2-3 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
1 TBS Olive or Vegetable Oil
2 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. dried basil
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
4 chopped/diced garlic cloves
2 to 3 chopped celery sticks
1 fresh lemon cut in wedges
1 can/15 oz. artichoke hearts, drained and cut in half
Wine

Preheat Oven to 400 degrees.

Add oil to a 9x13 baking dish. Wash/dry chicken breasts and coat in oil. Sprinkle oregano, basil, salt and pepper over chicken. Add garlic. Squeeze lemon wedges over the entire dish.

Bake for 1 hour, uncovered.

Add artichokes and cook for 15 minutes more.

You would think that this dish has an overwhelming flavor, but it really doesn't. The spices used blend together very well and the slight tart flavor of the artichokes really balances all the flavors.

I usually serve with mashed potatoes.

Enjoy!

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment