Sunday, January 17, 2010

Tangy Rosemary and Zucchini Chicken

Tangy Rosemary and Zucchini Chicken - 5 stars

The entire family really liked this dish. I found this recipe on allrecipes.com but of course I had to add a little twist to mine. I have baked whole chickens before with rosemary and I just love rosemary, so I was excited to try this out on chicken breasts. The only addition that I was not sure about was the zucchini. I had some in the fridge that I needed to use and use soon. I really was only concerned about the family not liking them. But guess what? They didn't even say anything about them. Yay! I did dice the zucchini up small enough, but for me, the flavor was just what I was going for! Me, my husband and my 14 year liked this.



Tangy Rosemary and Zucchini Chicken

Ingredients

3-4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tablespoons dried rosemary
1 tablespoon lemon or lime juice
1 zucchini diced (skin on)
salt and pepper to taste

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
2. Cover the chicken breasts with garlic, then sprinkle with rosemary, lemon or lime juice, and salt and pepper to taste. Place in a 9x13 inch baking dish and bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes then add zucchini to dish and bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes or until chicken is done and juices run clear (baking time will depend on the thickness of your chicken breasts). I also turned my chicken a few times to baste in the butter.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment