Monday, January 18, 2010

I like big Butts!

Slow and slower smoked, slow cooker Boston Butt pulled pork. -5 stars

In the south these are called Boston Butts, not sure really why, but they are popular and even the boy scouts sell them as a fundraiser.
Man this was yummy!
Slow roasted, simmer smoked for days! All my efforts paid off and we were rewarded with yummy soft pulled pork.
I ate mine as a open face sandwich.
I started cooking this yesterday morning, so you can imagine what my house has smelled like.

Slow and slower smoked, slow cooker Boston Butt pulled pork.
Instructions:
I started off with steam smoking it on the stove in a HUGE pot. I put in on an metal steamer/stainer upside down with water at the bottom of the pot with smoke season all over it. I cooked it on low for about 5 hours like that. Then put it in the fridge overnight and then in the crockpot covered it with BBQ sauce cooking on low for about 5 hours and then keep warm setting for about 5 hours.. Then we had the best pulled pork ever! Eat plain or on bread as a sandwich.
Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. My goodness, this looks good!! So glad I stumbled onto your site through foodblogs.com :-)

    Love Boston Butt!!
    -Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so very much Dawn! We love newcomers!

    ReplyDelete