Monday, January 18, 2010

Best Bread Yet!

Slightly sweet white bread - 5 stars

After a flop in trying to make a lemon cake in my bread machine and having to throw it out.. I needed to erase the bad air of my failure with something else. Turns out that everyone, meaning my 14 year old and my husband, says this is the best bread yet... yay! I love to hear stuff like this. Making food is so much fun, eating it is so much fun, photographing it is so much fun, sharing all that with you guys is so much fun, but hearing that someone really LOVES it, is priceless. This recipe comes from allrecipes.com Have I told you before that I love that website? I did? Ok, no need to tell you again I guess. I did make this in my bread machine, but if you are bread maker, and I mean a hand bread maker, any of my bread machine recipes can be made by hand. If you ever need help converting bread machine yeast to dry yeast, just email me.
5 out of 5 people in my house likes this bread. I ate a huge chunk of it this morning for breakfast, no butter no toasting.. just plain.

Slight Sweet White Bread




Ingredients
  • 1-1/2 cups warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 2 tsp and 1/8 teaspoon bread machine yeast
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 4-1/2 cups bread flour
    Directions:
    Add all ingredients per your bread machine manufacture settings. Choose basic/white setting, this makes a 2 lb loaf and I choose light crust.
    Share/Save/Bookmark

    No comments:

    Post a Comment