Saturday, January 16, 2010

The best gifts come in small packages

Almond Roca Gifts - 5 stars
For Christmas this past year, I handmade my fathers all time favorite candy. Almond Roca. We usually buy him the Almond Roca that comes in the pink tin can, but this year I thought I would do one better and make it for him. Turns out everyone likes almond roca. Who knew? So I made almond roca for a month straight it seemed. But my gifts were a huge hit! For sure this is getting 5 stars, and I can not image anyone at all not loving this candy.. best thing about this, it was so super easy!





Almond Roca Gifts
Ingredients

* 1/2 cup slivered almonds crushed into small specks
* 1 cup butter
* 1 cup sugar
* 3 tablespoons water
* 2 tablespoons corn syrup
* 1 cup chocolate chips

Directions

In a saucepan over low heat, cook butter and sugar for 5 minutes. Add water and corn syrup. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook, stirring occasionally, until a candy thermometer reads 300 degrees F (hard-crack stage). Quickly pour onto medium cookie sheet (I used non stick foil on my pan). Sprinkle chips on top; let stand for 1-2 minutes or until melted. Spread chocolate over candy. Sprinkle fine crushed almonds on top of chocolate. Cool completely; break into pieces.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment