Sunday, January 31, 2010

Coconut Chicken Chunks

5 stars
When I asked my husband what he thought about having Coconut Chicken, he was hesitant. He stated that he was not a fan of coconut, but that he would try it just for me.  I have to say, I am not much of a fan of coconut either,  I like the flavor of coconut, but the coconut shavings always reminds me of some coconut dessert and I dont like any desserts with coconuts on it.  But I was excited about making this and thought that it would be good for some reason.
The wet base was usual I thought and had no clue by reading it what it would taste like.  Slaw dressing as it turns out is very tangy and sweet.. once I tasted that alone I knew I would like it.  However, it was very think and maybe next time I will thin it out with some cream or milk.
This recipe calls for apricot preserve, however I used peach preserve and I think orange would be good too. The cucumbers didnt do anything I thought in regards to adding flavor to the dip, but I did like them anyway.


Ingredients:
  • 1 2/3 cups Marzetti® Slaw Dressing, divided
  • 2/3 cup apricot preserves
  • 1/3 cup pecans, chopped
  • 1/3 cup cucumber, remove seeds, chop and drain on paper towel
  • 1 cup plain bread crumbs
  • 1 cup flaked coconut
  • 1 pound chicken breasts





Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
  2. Sauce: Mix together 2/3 cup Marzetti® Slaw Dressing, apricot preserves, chopped pecans and chopped cucumber; set aside.
  3. Mix the bread crumbs and flaked coconut together. Cut chicken breasts into bite size pieces. Spoon remaining slaw dressing over each piece, and roll the pieces in the bread crumb/coconut mixture.
  4. Place on cookie sheet and bake 15 to 20 minutes or until chicken is done. Serve chicken with sauce on the side.



Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment