Saturday, January 30, 2010

Fruity Curry Chicken Salad

5 stars

Fruity Curry Chicken Salad

I stumbled on the recipe on allrecipes.com here when trying to find something that looked good to make with curry in it.  I was not even going to make this dish because it just seemed to weird.. I mean all those fruits and curry for chicken salad.. No way would it work..  However I could not resist due to 171 reviews all giving it 5 stars.. What? Everyone giving it 5 stars.. OK ok ok already.. I will make it too!  But I secretly thought to myself that it will be ashamed if I make this and be the only one that does not like it. :) 
Surprise surprise.. It is wonderful! For sure it is not your original chicken salad that we are used to.. but very pleasant with all sorts of flavors and textures..  My husband even liked it.


 

Ingredients:
  • 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cooked and diced
  • 1 stalk celery, diced
  • 4 green onions, chopped
  • 1 Golden Delicious apple - peeled, cored and diced
  • 1/3 cup golden raisins
  • 1/3 cup seedless green grapes, halved
  • 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
  • 3/4 cup light mayonnaise
Directions:
  1. In a large bowl combine the chicken, celery, onion, apple, raisins, grapes, pecans, pepper, curry powder and mayonnaise. Mix all together. Refrigerate for one day and Serve!

 


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment