Saturday, January 30, 2010

Cajun Sweet Potato Fries

4 Stars
Bi-Weekly Rotation

I've had a taste for sweet potato fries for a while now. We like things on the spicy side, so when I found this recipe on AllRecipes, I knew we would like it.

Cajun Sweet Potato Fries

Ingredients:
1 1/2 t. paprika
1 t. brown sugar
1/4 t. black pepper
1/4 t. onion powder
1/4 t. dried thyme
1/4 t. dried rosemary
1/4 t. garlic powder
1/8 t. cayenne pepper (as much or as little as you like, can be omitted)
2 Large Sweet Potatoes
1 1/2 t. olive oil

Directions:
Preheat Oven to 375 degree F.
In a small bowl, stir together all spices.
Wash, peel, and julienne the sweet potatoes.

Place the julienned sweet potatoes, olive oil, and spices in a gallon plastic bag. Shake until all the sweet potatoes are covered with the spices.

Place the spice covered sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes. Flip the fries and bake for 10-15 minutes more or until tender.
Take fries out of oven and turn on your broiler. Place fries in oven and broil for about 5-10 minutes until crunchy. Watch closely as they will burn.
Enjoy!


    I added the entire amount of cayenne pepper and these were spicy! So, if you don't like spicy, add accordingly. I served them with roast beef sandwiches and after dinner I found my husband in the kitchen snacking on the leftover fries. That's always a good sign.

    I gave them 4 stars because they were so spicy. Next time I'll but about half the amount so they aren't so spicy.  

    Share/Save/Bookmark

    No comments:

    Post a Comment