Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Chocolaty Chocolate Chip Muffins

4-stars

I have been craving chocolate lately and instead of eating the chocolate chips right out of the bag, I decided to make these muffins. I was not looking for cupcakes or any dessert items really, so muffins seemed like a good idea. I got the recipe from here. The only thing I substituted was the buttermilk for my poor little 1% and also I used higher fiber white all purpose flour.
Im giving this recipe only 4 stars, because they came out dry and flat. Not sure if that has to do with me blending too long, or the substitution for the milk. Also, I think they need to be sweeter... I know I said I didn't was cupcakes.. but my mouth does not know what it wants. LOL
Regardless we will eat them, and the boys ate one each before bed. They called it cake. hahahaha



Chocolaty Chocolate Chip Muffins

Yield: 12 muffins

Ingredients:
¾ stick (6 tablespoons) unsalted butter
4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
1 tablespoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1¼ cups buttermilk (I used 1% milk)
1 large egg
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

Equipment:
12-cup muffin pan

Directions:
1. Center a rack in the oven and preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Butter or spray the 12 molds in a regular-size muffin pan or fit with paper muffin cups. Place the muffin pan on a baking sheet.

2. Melt the butter and half the chopped chocolate together in a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Remove from the heat.

3. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a large glass measuring cup or another bowl, whisk the buttermilk, egg and vanilla extract together until well combined. Pour the liquid ingredients and the melted butter and chocolate over the dry ingredients and, with the whisk or a rubber spatula, gently but quickly stir to blend. Do not overmix the batter. Stir in the remaining chopped chocolate. Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups.

4. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until a thin knife inserted into the center of the muffins comes out clean. Transfer the pan to a rack and cool for 5 minutes before carefully removing each muffin from its mold.


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment